This Page will guide you all about the Line Cook Job Description, line cook resume, line cook job salary & requirements and more. you can read this article for better & more information.
Line Cook provides support to all workstations including Hotline, Deli, Grill, Pizza and Pastry.
For taste, many people like to eat food at different places like restaurants, dhabas, or others. Most restaurants have many employees available to serve their customers. Let me tell you, one of the best assets in growing a restaurant business is the line cook, who prepares foods that are both presentable and delicious. Line cooking makes a better presentation in and of itself. If you also want to go to the line cook job description, then please read it till the end.
Line Cook Job Description
Line cooks are cooks who are assigned the task of grilling or chopping ingredients needed to prepare a particular dish in the kitchen. Cooks usually do not participate in the administrative activities of the kitchen. Line cooks are miscellaneous staff who may be assigned any task in the kitchen and are expected to follow the orders laid down. That’s why cooks should have high experience in cooking. Because a line cook may be appointed either to cook the entire dish or to perform a specific task required in preparation.
Line Cook Duties & Responsibilities
Her are some duties and responsibilities are there:
- According to the prescribed recipes.
- Prepares food according to the production sheet, follows simple or complex recipes, and uses appropriate equipment.
- Quickly prepares all selected menu items and food products for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, as well as any catering or other special functions, using production sheets and approved recipes.
- Find out about two magazine specials and methods of preparation and presentation.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Uses our standard recipe card to prepare all products.
- Setup, service, and breakdown of lunch stations and signage.
- Prepare food on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize food stations & Follow portion sizes according to Ripken Experience expectations.
Line Cook Qualifications & Education
Applicant have must Collage and Associate Degree for Link cook jobs:
- Culinary Arts
- General Education
- Culinary School
- 4+ years of cooking and kitchen administration experience (minimum 2 years)
- Diploma required
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- high level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
Line cook skills
There are some desired skills for a line cook include:
- Pantry and saut stations
- Broiler and pizza oven desired
- Knife skills
- Principles for dealing directly with the public
Line Cook Salary
How much does a Line Cook make in the United States: The average line cook’s salary in the United States as of December 27, 2022, is $32,115. however, Range typically falls between $29,038 and $36,117.
The salary range can vary widely depending on education, certification, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession with related experiences.
How to Apply for Line cook jobs?
- Visit indeed or another jobs websites.
- Search the keyword, location, and job name.
- Then select the jobs and complete the Application process.
- Then Submit.